Salt is essential for fish health. Koi and goldfish need salt to control their electrolyte balance. Salt also maintains the natural slime coating fish need to fight off fungus and disease. 2% Salt will not harm plants.
- Use 1-2 lbs. per 100 gallons of pond water under normal conditions
- Use 3 lbs. per 100 gallons when treating for disease
- 99% pure — made from evaporated seawater – reduces fish stress
- Additional electrolytes – Improves disease recovery – Enhances fish’s natural slime coating – Superior to table salt (sodium chloride) for maximum effectiveness
- Dosages under 0.2% will not harm aquatic plants. 2% will kill everything in the pond
- It is not recommended to keep a salt level present in your pond at all times. Studies have found that key bacteria and parasites are becoming resistant to the effects of salt from over exposure. Only use salt when you have fish with lesions or uncharacteristic tendencies (staying away from the other fish, unusually inactive, etc.)